After you have done your research and spoken with your doctor, you may find keto to be a good fit. Keto is a popular way to eat. The key to success is consistency. But if you’re like us, you have one question on your mind: can you still eat beef jerky on keto?! Let’s find out more about this lifestyle and the best keto beef jerky!
What is the Keto Diet?
Your uncle does keto, you best friend does it, and your boss does it. The kid who was in the same algebra class as you back in high school also does keto . It is one of the most popular diets, but adherents quickly point out that it is not a diet, but a lifestyle. The majority of people who follow the keto diet say that they did so to lose weight. Number two is improving your health. This type of eating plan is not for everyone. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to enjoy delicious food.
The keto diet is a way of eating that focuses on high fat and moderate amounts of protein. It also restricts carbohydrates. A common ratio is: 75/20/5. Five percent carbs, compared to 50 – 65 for the average American. This is certainly a significant change for many.
A big change might be what you need. You will enter ketosis after following this plan for a few more days. This means that your body is now using fat instead of carbs to provide energy. Your body produces ketones instead of insulin. These ketones are energy for your brain and body.
Noting: Individuals have different requirements regarding the amount of carbs they can eat while maintaining ketosis. While some people can only eat 40g per day to reach ketosis, others can eat more and keep it.
The keto diet has been used by doctors for over 100 years as a treatment for epilepsy in children. This diet has been proven to reduce the number of seizures and, in 10 – 15% of cases, eliminate them completely. The scientific evidence is still not clear on whether this diet can be used to manage diabetes or weight loss.
It is clear that keto is beneficial for those who are looking to lose weight or manage their blood sugar. The keto diet is also beneficial in that it cuts out simple carbohydrates. Many people report feeling more energetic and less hungry during the day.
What does science say? __S.29__
Skeptics believe keto is a new diet fad. But research has uncovered some very interesting results:
- Keto is a weight loss program that can be used to help people lose weight.
- Keto diets are 2.2 times more effective at losing weight than diets that limit calories.
- This type of eating is satisfying and filling, so you don’t have to count calories.
- The Keto diet helps lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Diet can increase insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose.
- The keto diet has been a success for people with diabetes and prediabetes. Many are now able to quit taking their medication.
The Keto Diet – Different Takes
Every body is different, and there’s likely a keto diet out there for you:
- Standard Keto __S.41__ This is the classic keto that we discussed earlier, with 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbohydrates.
- Cyclical Keto. __S.44__
- Targeted keto: Here, you can add carbs based on your workouts.
- High Protein Keto: Carbohydrates are still kept at 5% but you increase the protein and lower fat: 60% fat and 35% proteins is the standard ratio.
Athletes and those who are training should only use targeted and cyclical keto methods. They are more complex and may be difficult to balance. The standard or high-protein lifestyles will be easier for most people. It is important to be consistent and know which foods you should keep in your pantry and fridge.
Yeah, yeah, yeah… but what about beef jerky?
Beef Jerky on Keto
Can you enjoy beef jerky on keto? There are a few things you need to know before you can enjoy beef jerky on keto. What are some things to keep in mind?
When you are looking to eat keto-friendly beef Jerky, there are three major factors to take into consideration:
- Fat content __S.57__ It is a great source of protein and can be included in your diet. Pair a packet of jerky with some cheese, or raw nuts. It’s delicious and keto-friendly.
- Hidden Carbs. __S.62__ However, beef jerky does not have to be carb-free. Some options may be loaded with sugar, which is and carb-free. You can easily consume 12g net carbohydrates from some brands (total carbs minus some sugar alcohols) without even realizing it. This could be close to your daily goal or even more. You’ll likely still feel hungry. You can save those grams for keto-friendly carbs like kale and spinach, brussel sprouts sprouts, and dark chocolat!
- Quality. __S.69__ It doesn’t matter if you eat X grams fat, Y grams protein and Z grams carbs. You need to fuel your body with quality fuel. Avoid junk foods that are high in sugar, artificial ingredients, or other junk. Sweetwood Smokehouse offers natural hickory-smoked meat snacks that have 6 grams or less net carbs. There are many flavors available, as well. Sweetwood Smokehouse makes the best keto beef jerky: It’s 100% Grass-Fed Beef. There are no fake ingredients and it’s made right here in the U.S.
When choosing keto-friendly meat snacks, make sure you look for:
- 100% grass-fed beef
- Antibiotic-free pork
- Turkeys from free-range
- All-natural ingredients
- Amazing variety of flavors. Keto diets don’t have to be restrictive. Enjoy a variety of flavors!
More Keto Diet Snacks
Are there other keto-friendly snacks you could try?
- Nut butters
- Veggie sticks with guacamole and nut butter
- Caprese salad skewers
- Keto sushi: Nigiri, vegetables like carrots, cukes, avocado, as well as sushi-grade or prepared fish
- Buffalo cauliflower bites served with ranch or blue Cheese to dip
- Stuffed mushrooms with ground sausage and/or herbed cream cheese
Fortunately, because this style of eating is so popular now, you will have no problem finding endless keto diet snacks and meal ideas. You can eat beef jerky and meat snacks on keto! Just be careful with the labels!
Keto-Friendly Beef Jerky Ideas: Be creative
The beauty of natural jerky is that you can grab and go. This snack is perfect for busy people. You can also incorporate this delicious classic into your favorite recipes. You can make keto-friendly tomato sauce and meatballs if you’re looking for a satisfying, hot meal. The sauce will be richer and more flavorful if you add beef jerky.
It can be crumbled on top of salads, tossed in with roasted Brussels sprouts, or used to spice up cauliflower fried rice. It’s a unique way to add something new to your menu.
Can a keto diet include jerky? You bet! You will get the best results if you choose the best! To be safe, why not stock up on keto-friendly meat snacks now on ? Get your keto-friendly meat snacks now!
The first step is toSlice the beef against the grain. This is how you determine the direction of your muscle fibers.They are being slicedThey should be used in conjunction with them. It is easier to chew the meat if you cut into the muscle fibers.
Your slices are probably too thick to make jerky from once you’ve cut them. As shown in the video, take each slice and cut it in half lengthwise into thinner strips. It is easier to do this with partially frozen meat.
Now, let your partially frozen meat rest for about 15 minutes to soften. Cover the meat with cling wrap, and then use a meat pounder or a meat grinder to thin the strips.
Next, season the meat slices with salt and pepper. Next, arrange the seasoned beef slices onto two parchment-lined baking sheets.
These beef slices can be made into jerky by baking them at 225°F for three hours and then cooling them on cooling racks for about 30 minutes.